Friday, September 07, 2007

Bill & Aints

My belief that Bill Simmons is the most entertaining sportswriter is no secret. But he scored even more points with me this morning when he matched my Super Bowl pick of the New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks. Sure, you may chalk it up to a couple of displaced Californians choosing their former hometown teams, but I say we are just both geniuses.

Speaking of which, the Colts thrashed the Saints in the second half of last night's NFL season opener, 41-10. In that same Super Bowl entry I wrote a week ago, I said:

"the NFL runs on preparation and game planning, and now that coaches have an entire year of Drew Brees and Reggie Bush running Peyton’s offense on film, look for defenses to be better prepared for a team that is no longer off the radar, as the magic of New Orleans and the mystique of the ultimate underdog fades away."

You think Tony Dungy had Sean Peyton's offense figured out, holding Brees and company to a measly three offensive points? I think this is where I am supposed to say 'I hate to tell you I told you so,' but that would simply be a lie.