ESPN's SportsCenter feature finally came to an end this past weekend, as Lebron James lost out to Tiger Woods in the voting competition essentially set up for the golfing living legend to win:
- earned an estimated $100 million in winning and endorsements just in the year 2006.
- more wins on the PGA tour than any active golfer
- held the number one position in the world rankings for the most consecutive weeks and greatest total number of weeks
- credited with attracting a variety of races to the game of golf because of his multiethnic background
- doubled golf's attendance and television ratings sparking a major surge of interest in the game
If that is not "now," then who knows what is?
Ten years ago, Michael Jordan would have easily won this. Ten years from now, it may very well be Lebron James. But right NOW, a debate such as this ends with Eldrick Tiger Woods.