2007 Year in Review
- Ohio State falls in the BCS Championship again, this time to LSU, 38-24.
- The Los Angeles Lakers acquire Pau Gasol in one of the most lopsided trades of all time, immediately cementing their return to status as one of the NBA's premier teams,
- The New York Giants stun the undefeated New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, highlighted by one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history.
- March Madness ends with the Kansas Jayhawks defeating the Memphis Tigers 75-68 in overtime. Five Jayhawks were drafted into the NBA.
- I am sure lots of stuff happened, but I was too busy playing GTA IV to notice.
- I am sure lots of stuff happened, but I was too busy watching the NBA Playoffs to notice.
- In the NBA's dream mathup, The Boston Celtics only need five games to defeat the Los Angeles Lakers in The Finals, featuring a 24 point comeback and a 39 point championship clinching blowout.
- The Madden Curse strikes early as the Brett Favre soap opera peaks, eventually resulting in his unretirement and reinstatement followed by the subsequent trade from the Green Bay Packers to the New York Jets.
- Michael Phelps becomes the story of the Summer Olympics in Beijing, capturing eight gold medals and breaking a ridiculous number of records.
- The Seattle SuperSonics are officially nonexistent as the Oklahoma City Thunder debuts its name and colors. Ugh.
- The Philadelphia Phillies defeat the Tampa Bay Rays to win the World Series, which had its clinching game posponed for two days due to rain.
- Barack Obama wins the 2008 Presidential Election.
- One year after the New England Patriots complete the first ever 16-0 season, the Detroit Lions balance it out with the first ever 0-16 season.