- Ray Allen went from an overpaid and washed up bench warmer to the spokesman accepting the award for Best Team. His first comment: "Another win in LA..." Oh, Ray, you so funny!
- Host Justin Timberlake was funny, and even gave us a hilarious dance and song number.
- Greg Oden is also hilarious. I do not think there has every been such a lovable basketball player who yet to even play in an NBA game.
- David Tyree, accepting the award for Best Play, thanked God and Jesus first. It is good to see men of God be blessed on such grand stages.
- Where else can you see Samuel L. Jackson and Brett Favre talking to one another on stage? The ESPYs are good stuff!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Random thoughts on last night's broadcast of the 2008 ESPY Awards at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles: