I have been doing a lot of thinking lately (uh oh), and come to the following realizations about our great nation:
- The United States of America was founded as a Christian nation. The forefathers that we learn about in elementary school and study so extensively later on were, before anything else, simply gutsy Christians. Sure, they preached religious freedom and welcomed all, but the country was founded with Christian principles.
- The United States of America is a blessed nation, perhaps the most blessed nation in the history of the world. The fact that Christianity is the dominant religion in America is no coincidence. As of 2000, a whopping 76.5% of Americans claimed to be Christian.
- I thought about putting some sort of disclaimer here, but I do not think one is necessary. The great Roman empire was a blessed Christian nation which ruled the world in its prime. Not unlike the world's previous great nations, America's downfall will be because of its insistence on turning away from God and ethics to secularism and immorality.
- ABC's Boston Legal, one of my favorite shows because of its political statements and intelligent comedy, featured Denny Crane, played by William Shatner, declare, "I believe in God because if you are wrong, there is no harm, no foul. But if you do not believe and you turn out to be wrong, then you are screwed."
- Oscar-winning Titanic director James Cameron is currently working on a documentary discrediting Jesus' resurrection, claiming to have found his real body. Considering all the money The DaVinci Code has made, it is no surprise Hollywood continues to abuse Jesus as a cash cow.
- America has turned against its Bible-believing president, idolizing spoiled celebrities and irresponsible athletes, promoting the worship of money, legalized gay marriage and abortion, removed the Bible from its educational curriculum, threw out the Ten Commandments in courts, and had the audacity to think about pulling the words "under God" from the pledge of allegiance.
- Come quickly Lord Jesus, come quickly.