Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cricket!?

Amar Shah (an Indian sportswriter!) throws us a special column about the Cricket World Cup. Apparently he and his wife came down to a familiar area known as 'Little India' here in Orange County. I did get a kick out of reading about a Bollywood theatre (Naz8) and Indian restaurant (Rasraj) that I have actually been to several times.


Some of the interesting excerpts:

"Less than 24 hours after Pakistan was eliminated from advancement in the World Cup, its coach, Bob Woolmer, was dead."

"We continued to wait and knock. And wait and knock. This was what we jokingly called (IST) Indian Standard Time."

"I noticed a number of movie posters from the latest film featuring Bollywood's version of Brangelina, Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan"

"But before I could pick the paneer makhani and naan, the clerk behind the counter wagged his finger at my jersey and shook his head in shame."

"Wickets are like wives -- you never know which way they will turn."