After a week of mourning, random thoughts returns...
- This is why every NFL team has optimistic fans every year. Who would have thought that New Orleans, St. Louis, Baltimore, and San Diego would all be leading their respective divisions five weeks into the season?
- The Detroit Lions were up 17-3 in the fourth quarter. Final score: Minnesota 26, Detroit 17.
- Great day weekend for Trojans. Reggie Bush scores his first professional touchdown with a game-winning punt return. Matt Leinart opens 5/5 for two touchdowns.
- Come to think of it, even UCLA's Maurice Jones-Drew ran all over the Jets.
- But the rookie that impressed the most was Texas' Vince Young. Vince Young hung with Peyton Manning in Indianapolis, only losing by one. The fact that the Titans were up all the way until a Manning to Wayne touchdown with 5:10 to go is amazing. A 19-yard touchdown run showed that Young can do it in the NFL.
- The T.O. Bowl happened to be a great game.
- Monday Night Football has their best matchup of the year so far in Denver as Steve McNair and the Baltimore Ravens visit a tough place to try to stay undefeated along with the Indy and Chicago.
- If Da Bears roll to homefield advantage in the playoffs, I do not see any team that can win in Chicago in January.