Inspired by another fun Simmons' read, here is a serious of questions with a Seattle Sonics theme:
- What if Michael Jordan did not come back in 1996 when the SuperSonics won the West?
- What if the #8 Denver Nuggets did not upset the #1 Seattle Sonics in 1994? What if the #7 Lakers did not upset #2 Seattle Sonics in 1995? The Sonics were 8-0 against the Houston Rockets in their two championship seasons. Of course, those were also the only two years of the decade in which Michael Jordan was out of the league.
- What if Seattle did not trade Scottie Pippen to Chicago for Olden Polynice?
- What if Wally Walker never existed?
- What if he showed Shawn Kemp the money instead of Jim McIlvaine?
- What if George Karl was never fired?
- What if Nate McMillan was never let go?
- What if Bob Weiss and Bob Hill never happened?
- What if Kevin Durant teamed with Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen?
- What if Allen makes that three to force a Game 7 against the eventual champion San Antonio Spurs in 2005?
- What if Seattle did not draft Mo Sene, Johan Petro, and Robert Swift three years in a row? What if Seattle drafted guys who went later, like Paul Millsap, David Lee, and Al Jefferson?
- What if Seattle never traded away Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Dale Ellis, Lenny Wilkens, Jack Sikma, Spencer Haywood, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Dennis Johnson, Vin Baker, Scottie Pippen, Bobby Jackson, Corey Maggette, Mikki Moore, Desmond Mason, Patrick Ewing, and Detlef Schrempf?
- What if the Sonics were never sold to Howard Schultz or Clay Bennett?
The world will never know.